This policy distinguishes between “"Personal Information," “Anonymous Data” and other information that you provide when using this Site.
“Personal Information” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, health information, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data such as your gender and nationality. “Anonymous Data” is data that does not personally identify you. In addition, there is other technical information that is collected as described more below.
A Note to Users Outside of the United States
Types of Data We Collect
We collect Personal Information and Anonymous Data from you when you visit our site and when you send us information or communications. In addition, there is technical data that we collect about you, such as IP address, cookies, URL and other types of information as described below.
Information Collected via Technology
Polls and Surveys: We calculate and track poll and survey to improve our site offerings based on your input about your needs and preferences. We use this information only at an aggregate level.
IP Address. In addition to using the IP address of your computer to maintain communications with you as you move about the Site, we also may use your IP address to personalize content provided on the Site.
Personal Information You Provide to Us
We collect Personal Information from you when you sign up for certain newsletters, updates or request certain information from us. This is information that you choose to provide to us. You are not required to provide such Personal Information to us, but if you do not we may not send you certain information. By voluntarily providing this information to us, you are consenting to our use of the information as described below.
Use of Your Data
- General Use. In general, Personal Information you submit to us is used either to respond to questions that you have, provide you with technical assistance using this Site, or to provide you with information about our products, services, AMAG or other information that might be helpful to you. In addition, we may use your Personal Information to contact you if required by law, as discussed below.
- Opt Out of Use of Personal Information. Visitors to our Site will always have the right to opt out of receiving such information at any time (an "Opt Out Request") by contacting us at the phone number, mailing address or email provided on this website. After you send us an Opt Out Request, you will no longer receive communications from us, allowing a reasonable period of time for us to update our systems. Should you decide to opt-out of receiving future mailings, we may share your e-mail address with third parties to ensure that you do not receive further communications from them. We will also stop using your Personal Information in a way that identifies you. We may however still use your Personal Information to create Anonymous Data, as described below.
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create “Anonymous Data” records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Site and services and improve site navigation. We reserve the right to use and disclose Anonymous Data for any purpose.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- Co-Branded Services. From time to time, we may partner with other companies to provide you with content or services on a joint or "co-branded" basis. At a co-branded site you will see both the AMAG logo and the logo of the co-branded partner displayed on your screen. To access the services available on a co-branded site, you may have to complete an online registration form, and this registration information may be shared with our co-branded partners. You should read the individual privacy policies of the co-branded sites, as these may differ in some respects from ours. Reading these policies will help you to make an informed decision about whether to provide your information to a given site. Remember, you may always opt out of sharing your information with a partner site by choosing not to use the service or content provided by the co-branded site.
- Disclosures Required By Law. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Information (as described below), we may disclose Personal Information if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on Company; or (b) protect or defend the rights or property of Company or users of the products or related services.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. If you receive communications from us and wish to stop receiving further communications, you will have the opportunity to "opt-out" by following the instructions above.
Changes to Personal Information
You can access, update and/or delete your Personal Information by contacting us at the phone number, mailing address or email provided below However, even if you delete or change your Personal Information, it may still be stored on other databases, including those kept for archival purposes. Should you elect to delete your Personal Information, it cannot be used by us or disclosed to third parties in the future unless required by law. Please also note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements).
Security of Your Personal Information
We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect the security of your Personal Information by employing industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Only a restricted number of AMAG employees may access the Personal Information we collect. AMAG does not disclose email addresses or any other Personal Information to third parties unless required by law or regulation, or as described above. Even though we have taken steps to protect your Personal Information from being intercepted, accessed, used, or disclosed by unauthorized persons, we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
Personal and/or Anonymous Data Collected by Third Parties
We may also receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from other sources like telephone or fax, or from companies that provide our products or services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our website). We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our website in order to improve the products and services we provide.